Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Great Big Kid's Collage

The creation of an art collage from the soul is an inner journey that allows your soul to speak to you. Your soul's voice can be heard through the images, feelings and insights that surface...
 ~Kathleen Carrillo

About a week ago I purchased a big poster frame.  This particular frame had a multiple photo mat.  I didn't need the mat for my poster but decided to keep it knowing I'd do something with it.

 

After a little thought I figured out a neat craft idea.  Not only would we fill this mat with pictures, but with artwork, poetry, scribbles, and stickers.  We won't be using the frame that came with it, but you can.  I also suggest finding smaller collage mat frames if you don't want to go this big.  This is an awesome project for siblings.  Each one makes their own to hang over their bed.


We started out by picking out pictures.  Maddie picked out pictures that were important to her and reflected people she loved (and furry babies), and things she enjoyed doing.  It was a trip down memory lane for me since she picked pictures from when she was much smaller.  You can either scan the pictures into your computer and print them, or do what I did and send them to photo processing place.  All the pictures I ordered cost about eight dollars.  We also went through all of Maddie's notebooks and found some drawings and poems.  I typed and printed the poetry.



We doodled

We pasted

We finished!

Now we just have to decide where to put it.  Since this particular collage mat doesn't have a frame, we'll probably put it up with thumb tacks.  It's a bit too heavy for tape.

Enjoy!

1 comment: